CURRICULUM MAP: 10173.map
Electronic Design II (ACP) 836
Client- Designer relationships (jobs)
01.4 THE ARTS - VISUAL ART
04.2 LRIT - COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY
03.0 LANGUAGE ARTS
What is an effective Client- Designer relationship (jobs)?
1. Presentation/communication skills.
2. The step-by-step process of working with a client to create a product.
3. Creative Process: learning efficient ways to brainstorm creative solutions to problems
4. Self-evaluation skills
When working with clients in the creation of a visual product, students will:
* Show effective presentation skills.
* Follow an outlined process for developing professional relationships with the client
* Apply self-evaluation processes to their own visual work and presentation techniques
* Use modern Graphics software: Illustrator and Photoshop effectively and efficiently.
*apply the elements of design
* demonstrate and understanding of hand-building techniques: measuring,cutting and pasting.
All students will be instructed on:
professional designer-client relationships
effective verbal communication skills
efficient creative "brainstorming" processes
how to self-evaluate
All students will be exposed to :
examples of good visual design
examples of good communication techniques
examples of correct professional relationships
All students will be involved in:
Group discussions of ideas and solutions to visual problems
Getting, developing and solving visual design problems for local clients (WA staff).
1. Project evaluations may take the form of group critiques, rating scales, check lists, written evaluations, and teacher interviews.
5. Group discussions give insight into the creative process and problem solving, providing an avenue for learning, how to talk about art, how to view art, and how to improve one's skills.
Guest speakers who are real-world visual designers.
Interaction with the school community for visual projects.
One fully equiped, up-to-date Macintosh computer system per student
One computer system for the teacher- with additional RAM, processor speed, and Storage to handle the course requirements
One digital projector system for presentation
Up to four, efficient color printers with abilities to print sizes up to 24X34"
Three digital scanners
Three, 5+ megapixel digital cameras
Other hands-on building equipment for cutting and pasting.
Prerequisit courses are: Art 1 and Electronic Design 1