CURRICULUM MAP: 10498.map
Environmental Science (GEN) 563
TIME FRAME: 1 week
MAP LEVEL: 4
1. What is the importance of biodiversity?
2. How are humans causing extinctions?
3. What about human needs?
*importance of biodiversity
* causes for extinctions
* Endangered Species Act...history, current
* endangered species in CT
* critical thinking, reading
* use of mobile lab and microsoft publisher
* research and documentation
All students will:
* make conections between human activities and endangered species/loss of biodiversity
* research a given endangered species in CT and produce an informational flyer
* graph data concerning extinctions of birds and human population growth
*written homework assignments
*mobile labs with Publisher