CURRICULUM MAP: 19028.map
Art History (SCP) 818
Art and You
01.4 THE ARTS - VISUAL ART
-- Students will describe how different media, techniques and processes cause different effects and personal responses
-- Students will demonstrate understanding of how the visual arts are used in the world around us
-- Students will apply visual arts knowledge and skills to solve problems common in daily life
-- Students will apply visual arts skills and unde4rstandings to solve problems relevant to a variety of careers.
- What is the value of art in the world around us?
- How do the visual arts solve problems common in daily life?
- What careers are available in the visual arts?
This unit will provide a connection between the individual and the visual arts in the world around us.
When students consider how the visual arts relate to them individually, they will
- identify how the visual arts impact their daily life
- identify solutions to a variety of problems in everyday life
- identify possible careers in the visual arts
All students will:
- identify the various ways art impacts the individual
- identify current trends in the art world
- investigate various themes and purposes inherent the visual, applied, and communication arts
1. Homework is used as a formative and summative evaluation tool.
2. Quizzes, tests, or alternative assessments are used to access concrete information such as vocabulary, equipment use, and procedures.
3. Project evaluations may take the form of group critques, rating scales, checklists, written evaluations, and teacher interviews.
4. Group discussions give insight into aesthetic and critical issues, providing an avenue for learning, how to talk about art, and how to view art.
websites, current periodicals, resource books