PE & Health at Woodstock Academy
"Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity."
~ John F. Kennedy
Health and Physical Education play a critical role in educating the whole student. The goal of the many courses offered by this department is to inform and empower students to live a healthy and active lifestyle, to develop and maintain positive self-images and self-esteem, and to cultivate an appreciation and enjoyment of physical activity. Health classes focus on the skills of literacy, advocacy, analyzing influences, accessing valid health information, goal setting, decision making, and communication.
What sets WA apart:
- 11 different courses
- 2011 sophomores ranked in the top 5% of Connecticut students for physical fitness
- Facilities include outdoor climbing tower, ropes course, indoor climbing wall and elements, and weight room
- Distinctive courses such as Unified Physical Education and Peer Leadership
- Utilization of the current Crossfit techniques in Nutrition & Fitness and General Physical Education courses
- Various field trips to experience surfing, cross country skiing, bowling, roller blading, and
- School-wide Intramural Program