“Pure mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of logical ideas.” – Albert Einstein
Mathematics is an academic cornerstone which provides fundamental skills for daily life, technological innovation, and scientific exploration. Students who study mathematics develop logical thinking, creative problem solving, deductive and inductive reasoning, inquisitiveness, an ability to analyze data and processes, and a willingness to think in varied ways. The importance of mathematics in science and science-related careers is obvious. However, less obvious is its relevance in other fields of study such as art, music, woodworking, culinary arts and nutrition, design, fashion, and everyday life.
Students at The Woodstock Academy are required to study a logical sequence of four courses. Courses are available in a variety of ability levels as well as different areas of Mathematics. Course options include basic Mathematics, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Statistics, Math for Liberal Arts, and four levels of Calculus.
What sets WA apart:
- 20 course offerings
- Opportunity to earn college credit in Calculus and Statistics through UConn’s Early College Experience program
- Opportunity to earn college credit in Math for Liberal Arts through Eastern Connecticut State University
- AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, and AP Statistics
- Students at WA achieve high mathematics scores on SAT, ACT, and AP tests
- Participation in the Greater New London County Math League and the American Mathematics competition
Click below to read about our available Mathematics Courses