The Woodstock Academy Alumni Association was founded during the summer of 1892 and continues today with the following purpose as described in The Gleaner (1893):
"Binding together of the past and present pupils by their mutual interest in the school which has been and is so important a factor in their preparation for the work of life; it will also aim in every way to further the best interests of the institution.”
This statement is as true today as it was at the founding of the Association. Our strength as alumni comes from our connection to each other and the Academy, its continuation is reliant upon our commitment and organization to its mission.
There are several ways alumni can engage with The Woodstock Academy:
- Attend the Annual Homecoming Weekend to reestablish connections with old friends, reflect on great memories from The Woodstock Academy, and learn about The Academy of today.
- Attend a regional club event.
- Engage with us on social media sites to keep our alumni up-to-date on events, news, and updates from The Academy.
- Attend an athletic event or one of our many Fine Arts performances.
What can you do to make sure you get the most out of The Woodstock Academy Alumni Association?
- Make sure The Academy has your most up-to-date contact information by going to the website, and/or contacting the alumni office at (860) 928-6575; opt. 7.
- Participate in upcoming events, which are posted on the website, or just stop by the school.
- Contact the Alumni Office for opportunities to volunteer at (860) 928-6575; opt. 7.
- Give as generously as you are able to The Academy Fund each and every year.
- Be an advocate for The Academy in your community, and recommend a student for admission.
- Purchase a copy of A History of The Woodstock Academy.
We look forward to seeing you soon,
The Alumni Association