On Monday through Thursday, students will have live classes following the regular or advisory schedules. On Fridays, teachers will have office hours by appointment from 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Please email your teacher to set up an appointment.
Resources & Contact Information
On school days, from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., there will be someone to answer the phone at (860) 928-6575. The main office and guidance office, however, will be closed. Please do not come to campus without first emailing or calling ahead to make arrangements.
Helpful Email Addresses
To help better address your questions or concerns during eLearning, we want to highlight four email addresses.
email@example.com - If a student is unable to participate in eLearning on a given day, a parent or guardian should report the student’s absence by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
email@example.com - If you have logistical concerns with eLearning or need to retrieve items from campus such as a musical instrument please email firstname.lastname@example.org or your individual student’s guidance counselor
email@example.com - If you have questions related to general health, travel plans, or would like to pick up medication that was kept by the school health office, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
email@example.com - If your question or concern does not fall into one of the categories above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and it will be directed to the appropriate person.
Expectations for students during eLearning:
- Wake up early enough that you are ready to learn fifteen minutes before your first class.
- Find a comfortable place for learning. Try to use the same space every day. A desk or table would be ideal so you can spread out your learning materials.
- Have your iPad (charged or plugged into power), materials for the class (notebooks, texts, calculators) with you.
- At the beginning of each class, check your school email, login to your Canvas class, and open Microsoft Teams. (You do not need to log in for Study Hall, but you should log in for all other classes.) Teachers will be taking attendance in PowerSchool as normal.
- Follow teacher instructions on how to use audio and video.
- Be an active learner: Listen to the teacher, follow along with any presentations/videos, complete all activities, ask questions.
- Submit any required work through Canvas.
- If you miss a class, access the recorded lesson and complete the work as quickly as possible.
- If you have a question, please email your teacher.
- If you are struggling with eLearning and need help or support, please reach out to your counselor by email.
eLearning Code of Conduct
While eLearning is in place, this updated code of conduct and consequences will apply. It is important that students adhere to expectations in order to prevent disruption to the educational process, regardless of the setting. The following matrix will be used as a guideline; however, administrators will have discretion in order to determine where an incident falls, depending on the specific details of the infraction(s).