Weekly Update 3/10/23
Weekly Announcements: March 6-10
SAT for Juniors
On Wednesday, March 22, from 7:30 a.m. to approximately 12:00 p.m., on North Campus, The Woodstock Academy will give the regular administration of the Digital SAT to all juniors. This is a regular school day for all other students. When juniors complete their test, they will return to their classes.
Juniors taking the SAT with special accommodations will test on Tuesday, March 28.
The SAT will be given digitally on students’ iPads. Students completed a digital practice test on Thursday, March 9, during Advisory. On test day, juniors should bring the following:
- Their school-issued iPad (fully charged!) and charger.
- Pen or pencil (for notes/scratch paper).
- Calculator, if desired (students may use either their own calculator or one inside the digital platform).
- Bottle of water/snacks.
A few other important details:
- All juniors are automatically registered by the state for free—do not sign up directly with the College Board.
- If students are absent on March 22, there will be a mandatory makeup date.
- Breakfast will be available in the North Dining Commons until 7:30 a.m.; lunch will be served as normal on North Campus.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact Dr. Harten or Mr. Walley.
Dr. Michael Harten
Dean of Academics
Director of College & Career Counseling
Upcoming Athletic Events
Spring Sports Information Night
Tuesday, March 14 | Bates Memorial Auditorium (North Campus) | 5:00 p.m.
All students planning to participate in a spring sport should attend this information meeting with at least one parent or guardian. Important information regarding eligibility, health requirements, and tryout information will be distributed. There will be a special guest speaker at 5:00 p.m. and the meeting will begin at 6:00 p.m.
Winter Athletic Awards Night
Thursday, March 16 | Loos Center for the Arts (South Campus) | 6:00 p.m.
Join us for a ceremony celebrating our winter sports athletes! All are welcome to attend.
College Planning Night Presentation
In case you missed College Planning Night on Tuesday, March 7 for junior parents & guardians, you can find the virtual presentation with Drew Carter from March 18, 2021, below. The information from the video is still relevant.