Weekly Update 3/17/23
Weekly Announcements - March 13-17
SAT for Juniors
On Wednesday, March 22, from 7:30 a.m. to approximately 12:00 p.m., on North Campus, The Woodstock Academy will give the regular administration of the Digital SAT to all juniors. This is a regular school day for all other students. When juniors complete their test, they will return to their classes.
Juniors taking the SAT with special accommodations will test on Tuesday, March 28.
The SAT will be given digitally on students’ iPads. Students completed a digital practice test on Thursday, March 9, during Advisory. On test day, juniors should bring the following:
- Their school-issued iPad (fully charged!) and charger.
- Pen or pencil (for notes/scratch paper).
- Calculator, if desired (students may use either their own calculator or one inside the digital platform).
- Bottle of water/snacks.
A few other important details:
- All juniors are automatically registered by the state for free—do not sign up directly with the College Board.
- If students are absent on March 22, there will be a mandatory makeup date.
- Breakfast will be available in the North Dining Commons until 7:30 a.m.; lunch will be served as normal on North Campus.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact Dr. Harten or Mr. Walley.
Dr. Michael Harten
Dean of Academics
Director of College & Career Counseling
Spring Musical Tickets Now Available
Tickets for Mean Girls: High School Version, The Woodstock Academy’s Spring Musical, are now on sale!
Cady Heron may have grown up on an African savanna, but nothing prepared her for the wild and vicious ways of her strange new home: suburban Illinois. How will this naïve newbie rise to the top of the popularity pecking order? By taking on The Plastics, a trio of lionized frenemies led by the charming but ruthless Regina George. But when Cady and her friends devise a "Revenge Party" to end Regina’s reign, she learns the hard way that you can’t cross a Queen Bee without getting stung.
General Admission and limited Premium Seating tickets are now available on theloos.org/meangirls.
The New England Music Festival is Coming to Loos Center for the Arts!
The Woodstock Academy is proudly hosting the 96th annual New England Music Festival at Loos Center for the Arts! On Saturday, March 25, band and orchestral performances begin at 2:00 p.m., and solo and choral performances begin at 4:00 p.m. Tickets are now available on theloos.org/nemfa.